Wedding Photo Books, Wedding Photo Book Gifts, Wedding Photo Cards and Wedding Essentials
Photo Books, Travel Photo Books, Wedding Photo Books and Christmas Photo Books
Why has Tumblr become the go-to platform of this moment? As we saw in Iran, Twitter can be a powerful broadcast tool for delivering minute-by-minute accounts of breaking news and amplifying concrete messages (“Down with Ahmedinejad”). And in Egypt, Facebook was pivotal for recruiting protesters and scheduling rallies in Tahrir Square. But Tumblr has served neither of these purposes for Occupy Wall Street, a diffuse and leaderless movement with a deliberately undefined goal. Instead, Tumblr has humanized the movement. Tumblr is a powerful storytelling medium, and this movement is about stories—about how the nation’s economic policies have priced us out of school, swallowed us in debt, permanently postponed retirements, and torn apart families. We Are the 99 Percent is the closest thing we’ve had to the work of Farm Security Administration—which paid photojournalists to document the plight of farmers during the Great Depression—and it may well go down as the definitive social history of this recession. —
Two churches located across the street from each other. At least the Catholics have a sense of humor. lol
In which our political reporter Phil Rucker finds himself seated next to Rick Santorum on a flight to N.H.
- Phil: So what is Rick Santorum doing to prepare for the debate?
- Rick: Candidly? Nothing.
- Phil: Mock rehearsal?
- Rick: I've never done one in my entire political career.
- Phil: Dreaming up new zingers?
- Rick: I try not to script at all.
- Phil: Huddling with consultants and aides?
- Rick: I don’t have consultants. ... I travel by myself. I like it that way. I’m not afraid of reporters. I should be, but I’m not.